Are you looking for a great place to work and an excellent wage?
The Great Blue Heron is currently hiring 4 part time 3rd Cooks
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills are required to be displayed at all times
- Prep, tray- up, set up and tear down buffets as instructed
- Prepare, following recipes, salads, sandwiches, dressings, vegetables, fruits, potatoes, pizzas and desserts (cookies, pies, tarts, jello, puddings, mousse, whip cream, bread pudding, caramel sauce, crisps etc
- Reheat soups, crock pots and gravy
- Assist 1st Cook in their prep duties
- Assist in prep of all catering events
- Assist in prep of line (a la carte) items
- Carve meats, run the omelet and live stations on buffet for guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Control waste and spoilage and restock any low items during shift
- Ensure all prep, re-stocking and cleaning is completed prior to the end of shift
- Assist with duties of other staff as needed
- Perform other duties as required by the Sous Chef
- Minimum of 1-2 years of kitchen experience
- Show initiative and desire in learning and understanding other roles and responsibilities in the kitchen
- Must be self motivated
- Basic knife skills
- Ability to perform tasks and duties effectively and safely within prescribed time limits
- Ability to follow directions in a friendly and professional manner
- Must be able to deal with staff and guests in a professional manner
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work independently or as a team in a fast paced environment
- WHMIS Certified
- Must be available to work 10hr shifts and any shift during any day of the week. The Casino is open 24hrs during 7 days of the week. A 4 week schedule will be provided.
We offer $14.10/hr + $1.15/hr in lieu of full time benefits, life insurance, RRSP's, Employee Assistance programs, free parking and discounted meals in our staff cafeteria and a GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
You must be 18yrs or older to work at the Great Blue Heron Casino
The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal background check. If you need assistance/accommodation during the recruiting process then please contact the our HR department.
Only Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.