A Bartender is a customer service and teamwork oriented position. As a Bartender you are required to provide direct Food and Beverage service to guests at the bar and to provide beverage service to the Food and Beverage Serving Staff. A positive, team player attitude is essential for individual satisfaction and the best positive overall results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote the values of the Great Blue Heron Cultural Compass by example at all times and guide staff in adopting these values as a way of operating daily at the Great Blue Heron Casino
- Professional, respectful, fast, friendly, efficient customer service
Responsible Alcohol Service:
- Complete comprehension and knowledge of all alcohol related House Policies, Practices and Smart Serve guidelines
- Provide safe and responsible service of alcohol including:
- Setting a drinking rate
- Professionally informing the guest of house practices upon serving the third beverage
- Avoiding intoxication
- Informing all co-workers of guests being monitored
- Proper monitoring, documentation and fluent communication of alcohol service to all areas of service
Cash Handling Responsibilities:
- Counting of float following proper procedures i.e. rolling coin and completing form
- Complete and correct cashing out procedures
- Payment Procedures
Cash handling i.e. making change, playing chips, coupons,
Bar tabs, credit cards and debit transactions
- Following opening and closing bar procedures
- Ensuring sufficient supplies and back-ups of beer, liquor, bar supplies, sundries, paper products, etc.
- Proper operation of glass washer
- Completion of Spillage documentation of liquor, beer, wine, and coolers
- Execute Daily Inventories
- Completion of Waste Sheets i.e. Pizza Log
Food and Beverage Knowledge:
- Complete knowledge of GBH standard drink recipes
- Complete knowledge of menus and buffets offered at the Lucky Stone Bar, Heron Bar and Water’s Edge Restaurant
- Complete knowledge of POS operation ie: ordering menus items, tabs, tax exemption procedures, etc.
- Through knowledge of Food and Beverage service of alcohol guidelines and practices
Cleaning and Equipment Maintenance
- Regular cleaning and sanitation of glassware, refrigerators, bar surfaces, glasswasher, equipment and supplies.
- Glass washer, Coffee maker, and pizza warmer preventive maintenance, maintaining proper fluid or chemical levels and cleaning on a daily basis
GBH Casino Policy and Procedures:
- Follow all policies and procedures in the Liquor Procedures Manual
- Adhere to policies set out in Casino’s ICM
- Complete knowledge of GBH Employee Handbook
Perform other duties as required by the Food and Beverage Supervisor
Education and Experience:
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
We offer a competitive Salary, life insurance, RRSP's, Employee Assistance programs, free parking and discounted meals in our staff cafeteria and a GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
You must be 18yrs or older to work at the Great Blue Heron Casino
The successful candidate will require licensing approval by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. If you need assistance/accommodation during the recruiting process then please contact the our HR department.
Only Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.