A Server is to provide the highest level of professional Food and Beverage service to our guests which will keep them coming back. A positive, team player attitude is essential for individual satisfaction and the best positive overall results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible Alcohol Service
- Complete comprehension and knowledge of all alcohol related House Policies, Practices and Smart Serve guidelines
- Provide safe and responsible service of alcohol including:
- Setting a drinking rate
- Professionally informing the guest of house practices upon serving the third beverage
- Avoiding intoxication
- Informing all co-workers of guests being monitored
- Proper monitoring, documentation and fluent communication of alcohol service to all areas of service
Cash Handling Responsibilities
- Maintaining personal float
- Complete and correct cashing out procedures
- Payment Methods - Cash handling (ie: making change), Playing chips, variety of coupons, credit cards and debit
- Servers will not be responsible to pay for their “walk outs”, however strict monitoring and preventive measures taken by the server to prevent this from occurring will be expected by the company at all times.
Food and Beverage Knowledge
- Complete knowledge buffets and hours offered at the Waters Edge Buffet Restaurant
- Menus items offered at the Lucky Stone Bar and Grill, Lucky Stone Bar, Heron Bar and Game Side Dining.
- Thorough knowledge of Food and Beverage alcohol service guidelines and practices
- Point of Sale
- Solid understanding of operating the SilverWare POS system
- Complete fluency of guest check management
- Guest Check settlement/payment options and procedures
- Tax exemption procedures
- Void, Promo, and QSA requisitions from supervisors
- Cashing out of the system
- Assigned Sections and Work Stations
- Clearing and re-setting tables
- Maintaining a clean, orderly section
- Maintaining a clean, orderly work station
- Competently managing all activities in your designated section
- Communicate all beverage alcohol activities at break and shift end
- Breaking other co-workers when required
- Ensure all side duties are thoroughly completed before leaving
Cleaning and Equipment Maintenance
- Regular cleaning and sanitization of tables, refrigerators, side stands and stations
- Preventive maintenance and cleaning of food and beverage machinery and equipment
- Kitchen area maintenance and cleanliness, inclusive of fridges and shelves
GBH Casino Policy and Procedures
- Follow all policies and procedures in the Liquor Procedures Manual
- Adhere to policies set out in Casino’s ICM
- Complete knowledge of GBH Employee Handbook
Perform other duties as required by the Food and Beverage Supervisor
Education and Experience:
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
We offer a competitive Salary, life insurance, RRSP's, Employee Assistance programs, free parking and discounted meals in our staff cafeteria and a GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
You must be 18yrs or older to work at the Great Blue Heron Casino
The successful candidate will require licensing approval by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. If you need assistance/accommodation during the recruiting process then please contact our HR department.
Only Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.