The Cage Cashier shall be directly responsible for the operations of the Front Window as required by the Cage Supervisor and shall discharge their duties accordingly. The cage cashier is to provide the highest standards of efficiency, security and customer service, all within the GBH Policies and Procedures and the Internal Control Manual as approved by the AGCO.
- Excellent internal and external customer service are required to be displayed at all times
- Maintain a high level of accuracy to stay within strict variance guidelines
- Responsible for all cash, chips, forms, documents and files associated with the operations of the Chip Bank and the Front Window Cashier functions.
- To ensure all Cage, Company and ICM policies and procedures are complied with at all times.
- Adhering to the policy of confidentiality within the Company
- To exchange chips, traveler cheques, foreign currency, tokens, tickets, coupons and or cash equivalents for cash with the highest level of accuracy.
- Issuing jackpots as well as completing transfers as required to maintain cash drawer impressment
- Responsible for training new employees or retraining current employees as required.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy to stay within variance guidelines
- To conduct oneself in a professional manner and ensure a professional image is portrayed at all times.
- To maintain good housekeeping practices to ensure a professional image is portrayed
- Control and balancing of floats, chip bank and revenue with the highest level of accuracy.
- To ensure all cash, chips and documentation received and remitted from the Chip Bank are secure and correctly recorded and to ensure all written work is neat concise and accurate at all times.
- Responsible for accurate reporting of Chip Bank inventory and cashier exchanges.
- All documentation received in the Chip Bank must be accounted for and accurately reported in the Konami system.
- Control, balancing and reporting of all casino revenue remitted.
- Responsible for balancing casino assets in the Konami system.
- To perform other duties as required by the Cage Supervisor/Manager.
- Minimum of one year previous banking or money handling skills preferred
- High school diploma
- Any previous chip handling is an asset
- Ability to lift 10 – 20 pounds on an ongoing basis
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing in the English language
- Must be outgoing and dedicated to optimal customer service
- Excellent math skills are required
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Proficient in Excel / Word.
- Must be detail oriented and have legible penmanship
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A sound knowledge of casino policies & procedures, ICM’s, other relevant government regulations/legislation with the ability to read, understand and implement them effectively.
We offer a competitive Salary, life insurance, RRSP's, Employee Assistance programs, free parking and discounted meals in our staff cafeteria and a GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
You must be 18yrs or older to work at the Great Blue Heron Casino
The successful candidate will require licensing approval by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. If you need assistance/accommodation during the recruiting process then please contact our HR department.
Only Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.