The Front of the House Manager is directly responsible for overseeing the Food and Beverage Shift Supervisors, Bartenders, Servers, Porters, Hosts and Hostesses. The Restaurant/Bar Manager maintains efficient running of the department by complying with the duties and responsibilities as outlined below in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures, rules, regulations and standards.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills are required to be displayed at all times
- Professional, respectful, fast, friendly, efficient customer service
- Provides training to ensure all staff are educated and continually alert to the safe and responsible service relative to all aspects of the sale and service of all food and beverage products
- Set staff work schedules
- Control inventory including ordering, recording and filing
- Hire, train, assign and supervise competent supervisors to oversee Food and Beverage area for each shift
- Evaluates staff ie; probationary, annual reviews etc.
- Monitors and manage individual employees’ performance including coaching and motivating, disciplinary process, development and conflict resolution
- Maintains payroll input / sheets ie; authorizing shifts, completing sheets bi-weekly
- Complete understanding of the cash system policies and procedures to ensure staff are fluent in the complete operation of same
- Reports and documents daily activities
- Responsible for distribution of reports as required in a timely fashion
- Resolves customer complaints
- Attends meetings and training seminars as required
- Establish and implement operational departmental polices and procedures to ensure high quality and consistency of service to GBH patrons
- Staying within budget allocations
- Ensure adequate staffing is available to provide excellent and efficient services on each shift through proactive resource planning which includes employee selection process and employee development by providing appropriate training opportunities
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Food and Beverage Manager
- Post Secondary Food Service and Hospitality Education Diploma preferred
- Minimum 10 years in Food and Beverage including 5 years Supervisory or Management experience
- Experience in a multi-unit F & B establishment or Casino environment
- Must have recognized training in Smart Serve and Responsible Alcohol Management
- Full working knowledge of all Food and Beverage equipment and machines, including beverage dispensing units and POS systems
- Main complete knowledge and comply with AGCO, OLG, LLBO, and GBH policies and procedures, rules and regulations and Collective Agreement
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Advanced skills in MS Word and MS Excel
- Proven ability in customer service
- Proven skills in dealing with conflict resolution
- Knowledge of Silverware (point of sale system) and Optimum (inventory management system)
- Be thoroughly familiar with the causes of food poisoning and method of prevention
- Must be self motivated and able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work and communicate with staff in a friendly and professional manner
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
We offer a competitive wage, life insurance, RRSP's, Employee Assistance programs, free parking and discounted meals in our staff cafeteria and a GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
You must be 18yrs or older to work at the Great Blue Heron Casino
The successful candidate will require licensing approval by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. If you need assistance/accommodation during the recruiting process then please contact the our HR department.
Only Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.