The Great Blue Heron Casino is currently looking for 2 part time Porters.
We pay $13.12/hr + $1.15/hr in lieu of full time benefits, life insurance, RRSP's, Employee Assistance programs, free parking and discounted meals in our staff cafeteria and a GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
A Porter is a teamwork and customer service oriented position. As a Porter you will be required to work productively with a large team in a fast paced Food and Beverage environment. A team player attitude is essential for individual satisfaction and the best positive overall results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote the values of the Great Blue Heron Cultural Compass by example at all times and guide staff in adopting these values as a way of operating daily at the Great Blue Heron Casino
Primary Shift Duties- Dining Room
- Clearing tables quietly and efficiently
- Cleaning, sanitizing and re-setting tables during meal periods and to ensure rapid turn over of tables during peak hours
- Setting tables following specific setting layout
- Maintaining consistent, fluent, verbal communication with Host and Wait Staff regarding table allocations and availabilities
- Organization of tables for large groups ie: moving chairs, sliding tables together ensuring proper number of settings are properly placed at each seat
- Garbage removal from Kitchen and dining room areas to back hallway and/or receiving area when necessary
- Glassware ie: washed and returned from bar
- Dirty dish and cutlery removal to kitchen
- Spot sweeping dining areas to remove any waste that may have fallen to the floor
- Maintaining stock in stations during shift
- Offering assistance to co-workers when needed
Primary Shift Duties- Bars and Gaming floors
- Maintaining bar stock items as listed on the Bar Stock List in the Lucky Stone and Heron Bars
- Maintaining stock and cleanliness in the self serve beverage station
- Proper stacking and transportation of all empty bar product empties ie: beer bottles, cooler bottles, wine bottles to storage area in receiving
- Washing and putting away glassware
- Removal of garbage to receiving area
Porter General- Area non-specific
- Assisting service staff with stocking stations
- Sweep and mop bottled beer fridge, behind the bars and under counters
- Pop room ie: refilling empty product, cleaning pop & juice connectors, mopping spills, product organization
- Keg fridge ie: washing walls and draught faubs when necessary, mopping the floor, changing kegs following specified departmental guidelines. Removal of empty kegs to receiving area for return.
- Stock room and dry storage area maintenance ie; Breaking down cardboard boxes, organization of products on shelves
- Complete familiarization of the following work areas
- floor plans, sections, table number
- all dry storage areas ie: products
- all cold fridge/freezer storage areas
- Locations of small wares ie: china, glassware, cutlery and disposables
GBH Casino Policy and Procedures
- Follow all policies and procedures in the Liquor Procedures Manual
- Adhere to policies set out in GBH Casino’s ICM
- Complete knowledge of GBH Casino’s Employee Handbook
- Perform other duties as required by the Food and Beverage Supervisor
Food & Beverage experience preferred
Must have a Smart Serve certificate
Must be able to work on their feet for long periods of time
Must be able to effectively communicate with the general public in English
Must be self motivated and able to work in a team oriented environment
Must be professional and friendly with Patrons and Co-workers
Ability to work in a fast pace environment
Must be able to lift 30 lbs. repeatedly
- Must be avaliable to work all shifts (days, afternoons, and nights) will be provided a 4 week schedule
We offer a competitive Salary, life insurance, RRSP's, Employee Assistance programs, free parking and discounted meals in our staff cafeteria and a GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
You must be 18yrs or older to work at the Great Blue Heron Casino
The successful candidate will require licensing approval by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. If you need assistance/accommodation during the recruiting process then please contact the our HR department.
Only Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.