To assist the Finance Department in a variety of tasks as required and dealing with all aspects of Accounts payable for Casino, Slots and Supply.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills are required to be displayed at all times
- Perform all aspects of Accounts Payable including:
- Matching of packing slips and /or invoice to purchase order
- Data entry of approved invoices – approximately 200 invoices/week
- Codes invoices to correct general ledger accounts
- Issues all payments – approximately 100 cheques / week
- Stuffing envelopes for signed cheques
- Filing of paid invoices
- Liaising with vendors as necessary – statements, overdue invoices
- Preparation of accrual list for accountant at month end
- Prepare account reconciliation’s and schedules for both month end & year end, withholding taxes and HST
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliations monthly
- Assist as needed with year-end audits including AGCO audits
- Assist with general administration of Finance Department
- Perform other duties as required by the Manager of Accounting
- Minimum 3 years accounting experience with A/P, general ledger preferred
- Financial statement experience preferred
- Enrolled in a CPA program or equivalent would be beneficial
- Must have good math skills and excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be at an intermediate level in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent math skills with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize projects and multitask
We offer a competitive wage, life insurance, RRSP's, Employee Assistance programs, free parking and discounted meals in our staff cafeteria and a GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
You must be 18yrs or older to work at the Great Blue Heron Casino
The successful candidate will require licensing approval by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. If you need assistance/accommodation during the recruiting process then please contact the our HR department.
Only Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.