Dealer Training School
LOCATION OF TRAINING: 21777 ISLAND ROAD, PORT PERRY, L9L1B6
Are you looking for an exciting new Career that pays really well?
Join the Great Blue Heron Casino, who's been voted Greater Toronto's Top Employer for 3 years in a row
Applications are being accepted for a consecutive five week, eight hour a day Casino Table Game training course taught by a professional Table Game Trainer at the Great Blue Heron Casino.
All training classes are form 8:00am to 4:00pm
Training programs will start:
Feb 5 to March 9, 2018
March 19 to April 20, 2018
May 7 to June 8
PLEASE INDICATE WHICH SESSION YOU ARE APPLYING TO WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR RESUME
- Classes are held onsite
- Free training, unpaid training
- 15 Students per class.
- Breaks: Two 15-minute breaks, 30-minute lunch. A lunch (sandwich, pop/water) will be provided.
- You will be reporting to the Table Game Trainer and Casino Management during the Dealer Training School.
To be considered as a participant in the Dealer Training School program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Pass pre-screening tests determining participant’s suitability (English language, math, customer service, personality and aptitude measurements)
- Ability to stand for an 8-hour shift
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in the English language
- Pass weekly table testing and role-playing exercises
- Lateness and absenteeism will not be tolerated (will only be allowed to miss one day of class or be late twice)
- Detail oriented with excellent math skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills (i.e. attitude, courtesy, appearance, overall conduct)
- Positive and outgoing personality
- Proper dress code required during the training program
- Must be 18 years of age and have completed High School
DEALER TRAINING PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Participants will be trained in the following:
- Table Games: Blackjack, BJ Switch, Spanish 21, 3 & 4 Card Poker, Let it Ride, Texas Bonus Poker and Mississippi Stud.
- Table Game control and awareness: Participants will be taught to pace games correctly. The speed should be such that it benefits the Casino without aggravating our Players. Games are expected to be controlled efficiently and with an air of confidence.
- Chip handling: Chipping and chip cutting to be carried out quickly and accurately, stacks are to be neat and even
- Game knowledge and commentary: Participants will be conversant with minimum/maximum table limits and payouts as well as providing accompanying mandatory announcements in an audible and precise manner. The conversion of cash to chips and the addition of bets are to be performed quickly and accurately. Paperwork is to be completed with close attention to detail.
- Game security and protection: It is the Dealer’s responsibility to be aware of situations around their game.
- Customer Service: A Dealer has many roles including being an entertainer who provides an exceptional gaming experience for our Guests.
- Interaction with Inspectors and Pit Managers: When to involve them and what information to communicate
Participants who successfully complete the program (pass tests, are in good standing with their attendance and punctuality) will receive a certificate of completion.
Successful participants will be able to apply for a Part-time Dealer position with the Casino.
The successful participants, who are offered employment at the Casino through this Dealer Training School:
- Will require licensing approval by the AGCO.
- Hired Dealer’s are expected to work any shift during any day of the week, including holidays. A 4 week schedule will be provided.
- The starting hourly wage will be for a Dealer 2 level, $14.00/hr + $1.15/hr in lieu of full time benefits, plus excellent tips. (total approximately $23.50/hr)
- We also offer life insurance, RRSP’s, Employee Assistance programs, free parking, discounted meals in our staff cafeteria and a GREAT PLACE to work.
Only candidates selected for prescreening will be contacted.